Many homes in and around the Manchester area still have outdated fuse boards powering their electrical installations. For nearly 20 years, our team at Proelec electrical services have been carrying out fuse board replacements (often referred to as fuse boxes or mains boards).
We provide a straight forward, honest and cost-effective approach to swapping out a fuse board, ensuring we clearly explain all of the different options available to you.
Do I need my fuse board replacing?
If your fuse box has a wooden back board, cast iron or ceramic switches, or a mixture of fuses, it is likely that it dates back to before the 1960’s and will therefore need replacing.
These older consumer boxes offer very little protection from electric shock.
What do we recommend?
We recommend that you have your fuse board upgraded to a 17th Edition Fuse Board. These fuse boxes comply with new 17th edition IEE Wiring Regulations (BS 7671: 2008) and offer you and your family greater protection.
18th Edition Fuse Boards explained
These new fuse boxes offer RCD (Residual Current Device) protection, which is now required for all circuits. This means that electricity is automatically cut-off is there is any fault in your home.
They are much more reliable and accurate than traditional circuit breakers therefore provide a much greater level of protection.
Why use us?
- We are a registered NIC-EIC Approved Contractor
- We are registered under Part P of the UK Building Regulations
- Each electrician is qualified to the new 17th Edition IEE Wiring Regulations and CITY & GUILDS 2391 Inspection & Testing Certification of Electrical Installations
- We are honest and reliable, and work with minimum fuss around your home
- We offer free estimates
- We are fully insured for all of our work