Upgrade the wiring in your property, to increase the safety to you and your family in your home
Faulty or deteriorating electrical wiring is a serious hazard, but how do you know when is the right time to rewire your property?
It is hard to give a definitive answer, wear and tear can vary depending on quality of installation and materials used, and doesn't always necessarily depend on age of the wiring installation.
Old wiring installations aren't necessarily faulty, but we always recommend to look at the wiring if you own, or thinking of buying, a property where it hasn't been looked at in over 25 or 30 years.
The cost of rewiring your property can vary, but we take a sensible and straight forward approach on prices. Why not contact us for an informal discussion.
- You should be able to tell if your house has recently been re-wired by looking at the wiring near the fuse box (or consumer units as they are now known). If you can see an old-fashioned fuse box, with big white ceramic-style fuses, then there is a good chance your property needs a complete rewiring.
- Modern-day electrical installations are wired in white or grey coloured PVCu insulated cable, and a modern consumer unit will have circuit breakers and residual circuit devices (RCDs).
- Re-wiring a property can cause major disruption in a house, it is recommended to vacate any rooms while work is carried out. If you're thinking about re-decorating or re-plastering rooms, this needs to be done after all re-wiring work is finished.
- If you're thinking "can I do it myself?", unfortunately the answer is no. It needs to be carried out by a qualified electrician as any major changes to your property's wiring needs to confirm with Part P of the Building Regulations.
- We are a registered NIC-EIC Approved Contractor
- We are registered under Part P of the UK Building Regulations
- Each electrician is qualified to the new 17th Edition IEE Wiring Regulations and CITY & GUILDS 2391 Inspection & Testing Certification of Electrical Installations
- We are honest and reliable, and work with minimum fuss around your home
- We offer free estimates
- We are fully insured for all of our work
- Each member of K&L Electrical is CRB checked (Criminal Records Bureau) to give you peace of mind.
- We offer a free electrical survey, for both domestic or commercial properties by one of our qualified electricians.
- We are fully insured with £5,000,000 public liability insurance with professional indemnity, fully compliant with the current health and safety legislation (copies of these documents are available on request).
- Follow us on Instagram to see photos of our latest property re-wiring projects!
K&L Electrical – your local, reliable commercial electrician
Request a leaflet today on our Domestic Electrical Services Maintenance Packages – giving you peace of mind for complete electrical cover in your home.
Me and my wife contacted lee, regarding doing some electrical work prior to our fitted kitchen being installed, he arrived on time, he and his team we very clean, tidy, and worked alongside other tradesmen to complete our dream kitchen. Any questions we asked were answered and explained fully, we found him very approachable, friendly, and most importantly, he quoted a very good price, and stuck to that price.I would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone considering any kind of electrical work in their homes. And we will definitely be using them again in the future. Great job guys.Stephen And Stephanie, Wigan
Hollymere (Extra Care Development) situated in Ellesmere Port, consisted of 71 newly constructed one-and two-bedroom apartments.K&L provided electrical installation services for 71 one-and two-bedroom apartments on the Hollymere extra care facility development in Ellesmere Port. The work completed was of a first class quality and importantly their electricians met deadlines and were responsive to program demands.Allan Wood, Ellesmere Port
K & L Electrical have worked on this retirement complex since 2008. Firstly, as a sub contractor for 10 new bungalows being built and once these were completed the organisation then asked them to carry out routine and non routine work to 99 of our other properties, our 32 bed care home and an administration building.They are pleasant electricians who are prompt, knowledgeable and tidy in their work. We will continue to use them for the foreseeable future.Danny Kenny, Wallasey
Kevin, Lee and their team did a full re wire of our house in August 2015. Their team of 5 were very efficient and complete the job within 3 days. Their work was of a high standard and the price was very reasonable.All of the team were polite and helpful, fully explained what they would do and how they would do it with as minimal disruption to us as a family as possible! We would highly recommend their team!Jennie, Stretford